Race information will be available 1 week before the event.
Half Marathon Route:
The route is predominately flat with only one noticeable climb on the large lap. It is certainly a course for setting personal bests and will be an ideal preparation race for London or other spring marathons.
The route for the race is a residential setting that starts and finishes in the modern surroundings of Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex. The race will incorporate 1 small lap and 2 larger laps on quiet roads and pavements. The section in Brunel Campus will be traffic free and will be a good spectator location.
The route will pass through parts of Uxbridge, Cowley, Yiewsley, Stockley and Hillingdon and is a partly modified version of the race route from back in 2003. The course is accurately measured and certified by the Association of Course Measurers.
The 10K course is a slight variation of a single lap of the half marathon route
The race will be organised by Active Training World under UKA rules and regulations.
* Please note this event is NOT traffic free. Please listen to the instructions of the marshalls and obey the rules. Failure to do so may result in a disqualification*
Awards and Prizes:
- Event T Shirt, medal and race momento to all finishers
- Overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female prizes of £150, £100 & £50 respectively.
- Overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female trophies
- Age group trophies for M40+, M50+, M60+, M70+, W40+, W50+, W60+, W70+
- Middlesex Championships Medals
- Minimum age 17yrs on the day
Running Numbers: Numbers are to be worn on the FRONT of your top or race belt
Parking: There will be ample parking provided in the campus, please car share where possible. There is a good public transport network with Uxbridge underground station the closest rail option. Bus routes U1, U3, U4, U7 and A10 all stop at the Uni.
Facilities: Toilets will be provided for the event, please arrive changed and ready for the race as there will not be changing rooms available on the day.
Headphones: Any form of headphone which disrupts your hearing are not permitted. Bone conduction headphones are permitted.
Brunel University; Kingston Lane, Uxbridge UB8 3PH
Directions & map link here